Bali Sacred Dance Retreat – May 3 – 8 2015
Dancing the Sacred Wheel of Life
with Tricia mary Lee and Maria Sangiorgi
This retreat brings together three things which we love and have found to be of value in our own “Wheel of Life” journey and which we warmly invite you to share with us and to celebrate on Mount Batukaru at the Bali Mountain Retreat.
- To dance in a Sacred way is to enter into a communion of heart, mind, body and soul
- To retreat invites a safe inner space for contemplation, revelation, transformation and illumination
- To be in Bali, is to enter a place of beauty which is honoured and Blessed in the Sacred traditions of that culture.
As we gather so we dance and form a Sacred Circle for our days together and beyond. Through this we pledge a safe and confidential “container” for our dance retreat journey. Journalling your inner dance will be an ongoing part of each day. We have a basic plan for the week but will respond also to you, your experience and what you bring as well as what we as a group can share.
As a guide however we suggest :
- Each day we will start with a circle of Sacred Body Blessings, Mantras and Movement Rituals
- After a delicious breakfast we will begin to explore and enjoy the different facets of Sacred Dance and our own selves
- Daily Dance sessions
- Tricia offers the Dance of the Breath, the Dance of the hands and feet, the Dance of Silence and Stillness, Circle and Veil dancing as well as creative choreography for your own Sacred Dance
- Maria offers Embodied Dance, dancing the Sacred Spiral which connects us all as well as Circle dances and a wealth of experience in Movement therapy and choreography.
- Lunch will be prepared for us and afterwards there will be time for quiet reflection, meditation or art journalling.
- In the afternoons you will have time to work on your own “Sacred Soul dance” in line with the poem, story, prayer, song or piece of music which you have brought along from home. Maria and Tricia will be available for guidance and assistance as required
- We will also create time for you to share your gifts in Sacred dance and movement if you so wish
- Art journalling
- Our visit to the Temple and Priestess Blessing we hope to organise for the Monday which will be full moon day, a time of Sacred celebration in Bali
- The Local dance and music group will be on an evening as will the Fire ceremony to Saraswati
- Your massage will be by appointment and the Cooking or make a Blessing class will be woven into the week’s schedule
- We will hold our Closing Dance Ceremony on the Friday morning with a Spiral dance and other selected pieces before we have lunch and depart for Ubud or further afield.
You do not have to be a “performance or professional” dancer to share this retreat, you just need to be a woman who is ready and wants to explore and enjoy dance as a part of her spiritual self.