by maria | Oct 29, 2014 | Dance Journeys
Sensing our way through the Chakras, we acknowledge our deep & potentially transforming Feelings
Feeling where that takes us now today through Movement & Dance
Dancing the expression of what we feel & Sense
Sensing our truth in the Feeling
Feeling the need to Dance
SensingFeelingDancing the Chakras is an ongoing Dance Movement ritual that is run in eight-week cycles. It began in 2004 and was originally called Raqs Chakra. Each week one Chakra is featured begging at the Base Charka and dancing through each of the seven bodily energy centres till we reach the crown, culminating at the eighth Chakra – the Soul Centre above the head.
What Yvonne had to say
“Thank you, Maria, for providing an exquisite space in which our inner feelings, our inner life really, can be explored and expressed through dance. I’m finding this experience tremendously purifying and healing. Each week, as another Chakra becomes enlivened and strengthened, the process has assisting me in my journey from fragmentation to wholeness.”
These dance journeys are a Dance Movement process for people who love to move, physically, spiritually, emotionally & mentally.
There is no right or wrong way, just your way.
The space is held for you to explore your inner dancer.
Come & journey the many aspects of each Chakra either over an 8-week cycle, or one day or a three-hour workshop.
I work with guided meditation, Imagery and music. as a vehicle to align to each of the 7 Chakras, the central channel and the Left and the Right channels. Bringing into focus aspects that my draw out your personal inner dance that can then be explored through your outer dance. Using Somatization, Movement, Dance, Sounding, Drawing, Writing & Authentic Movement as a vehicle for you exploration.
It is your choice how deeply you journey; whatever that choice is I will support you in this journey
by maria | Oct 10, 2014 | Past Events
Dancing the Sacred Wheel of Life
with Tricia mary Lee and Maria Sangiorgi
This retreat brings together three things which we love and have found to be of value in our own “Wheel of Life” journey and which we warmly invite you to share with us and to celebrate on Mount Batukaru at the Bali Mountain Retreat.
- To dance in a Sacred way is to enter into a communion of heart, mind, body and soul
- To retreat invites a safe inner space for contemplation, revelation, transformation and illumination
- To be in Bali, is to enter a place of beauty which is honoured and Blessed in the Sacred traditions of that culture.
As we gather so we dance and form a Sacred Circle for our days together and beyond. Through this we pledge a safe and confidential “container” for our dance retreat journey. Journalling your inner dance will be an ongoing part of each day. We have a basic plan for the week but will respond also to you, your experience and what you bring as well as what we as a group can share.
As a guide however we suggest :
- Each day we will start with a circle of Sacred Body Blessings, Mantras and Movement Rituals
- After a delicious breakfast we will begin to explore and enjoy the different facets of Sacred Dance and our own selves
- Daily Dance sessions
- Tricia offers the Dance of the Breath, the Dance of the hands and feet, the Dance of Silence and Stillness, Circle and Veil dancing as well as creative choreography for your own Sacred Dance
- Maria offers Embodied Dance, dancing the Sacred Spiral which connects us all as well as Circle dances and a wealth of experience in Movement therapy and choreography.
- Lunch will be prepared for us and afterwards there will be time for quiet reflection, meditation or art journalling.
- In the afternoons you will have time to work on your own “Sacred Soul dance” in line with the poem, story, prayer, song or piece of music which you have brought along from home. Maria and Tricia will be available for guidance and assistance as required
- We will also create time for you to share your gifts in Sacred dance and movement if you so wish
- Art journalling
- Our visit to the Temple and Priestess Blessing we hope to organise for the Monday which will be full moon day, a time of Sacred celebration in Bali
- The Local dance and music group will be on an evening as will the Fire ceremony to Saraswati
- Your massage will be by appointment and the Cooking or make a Blessing class will be woven into the week’s schedule
- We will hold our Closing Dance Ceremony on the Friday morning with a Spiral dance and other selected pieces before we have lunch and depart for Ubud or further afield.
You do not have to be a “performance or professional” dancer to share this retreat, you just need to be a woman who is ready and wants to explore and enjoy dance as a part of her spiritual self.