These Booking Conditions contain important information. It is essential that you carefully read and understand them. The Booking Conditions constitute a legally binding contract between Maria Sangiorgi and you for the services provided by Maria Sangiorgi and set out the basis of your legal relationship with Maria Sangiorgi
By booking with Maria Sangiorgi and paying a deposit or the full payment, you acknowledge that you have read and understood and that you agree to be bound by these Booking Conditions.
If you have any queries regarding these Conditions or do not understand them, please contact Maria Sangiorgi.
1) PRICES AND VALIDITY – Prices is from twin share rooms. Maria Sangiorgi has the right to adjust prices whether or not you have already made full payment. Maria Sangiorgi will do everything within her control not to adjust prices and will generally only amend prices in the event of marked fluctuations in exchange rates, fuel costs and other operating costs on which prices are based. Airfares, passport and visa fees, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, airport taxes, gratuities to leaders and guides, extra meals & drinks, medical expenses, optional activities and trips, and any items of a personal nature are not included in your trip price.
2) YOUR TRIP AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK – Maria Sangiorgi operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, medical facilities and other infrastructure may, at times, not be the same as at home.
2)a When assessing whether trips will operate Maria Sangiorgi uses information from its local offices in conjunction with advice from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the British Foreign Office and the US Department of State. It is your responsibility to accustom yourself with the travel advice provided by the country of residency, before commencing the trip. By booking with Maria Sangiorgi you acknowledge your decision to be a part of a Maria Sangiorgi event is made after due consideration of relevant travel information that may be made available at any time.
3) EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY – Except where stated otherwise, Maria Sangiorgi acts as agent for service providers when making arrangements for your trip. Where Maria Sangiorgi provides services she will do so with due care and skill. Maria Sangiorgi is not responsible for the acts and omissions of others, including tour guides, any loss, damage, death, injury or expense (including loss of money paid in advance), which you may incur as a consequence of the acts and omissions of others. You warrant that you have not relied on any representation made by Maria Sangiorgi.
- Maria Sangiorgi will not accept responsibility or liability if you contravene any law or regulation of Italy. Any independent arrangements that you make that are not part of Maddonas & Goddess, Food & Wine Sacred Dance Retreat (including pre- and post accommodation) are entirely at your own risk and Maria Sangiorgi cannot and does not give you any assurance, representation or warranty in connection with any such arrangements.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to the exception set out below, Maria Sangiorgi does not accept liability for any loss, damage, death or injury however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with or arising from this contract or your participation in a trip, or in respect of a failure or omission on the part of Maria Sangiorgi to comply with its obligations under this contract, or in respect of any other conduct that Maria Sangiorgi undertakes in connection with this trip.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to the exception set out below, you also agree to release Maria Sangiorgi and its officers, employees, agents and representatives (“Representatives”) from all costs, liability, loss and damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in this trip, and waive any associated claims that you may have against Maria Sangiorgi or its Representatives as a result of your participation in any trip. For these purposes, Maria Sangiorgi enters into these Booking Conditions as trustee or agent for its Representatives.
To the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to the exception set out below, any condition or warranty, which would otherwise be implied into these Booking Conditions is excluded. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following: (a) if the breach relates to goods, (i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, (ii) the repair of such goods, (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and (b) if the breach relates to services, (i) the supplying of the services again or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again. Exception The “Exclusion of Liability” section set out in these Booking Conditions does not attempt or purport to exclude, restrict or modify liability arising under, or remedies that may be available to you, pursuant to legislation where the exclusion, restriction or modification of liability or remedies is not permitted. This includes legislation in part of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth), and any state or territory Fair Trading Act (or its equivalent).
4) CANCELLATION BY Maria Sangiorgi reserves the right to cancel an event and will advise you of such cancellations no later than 30 days before the commencement date. If due to ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice, Maria Sangiorgi reserves the right to cancel a commencement date at any time. With any form of cancellation, Maria Sangiorgi will offer you alternative arrangements, and if the price of your alternative booking is of lower value than the original booking we will refund the difference to you. If you do not accept alternative arrangements we will refund all payments you have made to Maria Sangiorgi, (in case of ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs). Maria Sangiorgi and Nasser Abughoneim will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
Maria Sangiorgi will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to ‘Force Majeure’. ‘Force Majeure’ means a circumstance beyond the reasonable control and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and strikes.
5) CANCELLATION BY YOU If you wish to cancel your booking, notification of cancellation must be made to Maria Sangiorgi in writing. The date of the cancellation is the date on which written notification is received by Maria Sangiorgi. Days before departure Charge applicable as follows, per person:
70 days before commencement of the event, loss of deposit.
49 days before commencement date of the event, loss of 50% or total booking cost
35 days before commencement date of the event, loss of 100% of total booking cost.
If you do not pay the balance of your total booking 35 days before the commencement of the event, your booking may be terminated and you will lose your deposit. No refunds will be made if you leave the event for any reason after the event has begun. No refunds will be made for any accommodation, transport, sightseeing, meals or services not utilised.
6) LATE BOOKINGS Bookings requests received by Maria Sangiorgi within 30 days before Madonnas & Goddesses Food & Wine Sacred Dance Retreat will require full payment. If we cannot confirm the booking we will refund you in full any monies paid to Maria Sangiorgi. Maria Sangiorgi will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
7) CHANGES TO YOUR JOURNEY You acknowledge that traveling with Maria Sangiorgi requires a degree of flexibility, good humour, and an understanding that the itinerary, accommodation, and/or modes of transport may change, even after the event commences, without prior notice due to local circumstances. Changes may occur because of ‘Force Majeure’, poor road conditions, weather, the availability of tickets, vehicle breakdowns, changes in transport schedules, or other circumstances beyond Maria Sangiorgi control or which simply cannot be foreseen. Maria Sangiorgi does not accept any responsibility for loss of enjoyment, delays or compensation resulting from circumstances beyond Maria Sangiorgi control.
The information about the event given in the advertisement, are subject to change. It is your responsibility to review the up-to-date Information. These can be obtained from Maria Sangiorgi and the dancingisis.com website. The information and conditions in the Event Notes and Pre-Departure Information are deemed to be part of the contract. Where changes to the event occur after you have received your final documentation we will, where practical, advise you such changes.
8) AUTHORITY OF THE LEADER At all times the decision of the Maria Sangiorgi – leader or representative will be final on all matters likely to affect the safety and well-being of the trip. This includes any decision that the Maria Sangiorgi – Leaders makes about your on-going participation in the trip or certain activities that comprise part of the event. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a Maria Sangiorgi – Leader, or interfere with the well-being of the group, then the Maria Sangiorgi – Leader reserves the right to terminate this contract and order you to leave the tour immediately, with no right of refund.
9) COMPLAINTS If you have any complaint about your trip, you must make it known at the earliest opportunity to the leader and/or Maria Sangiorgi or representatives, who will normally be able to take appropriate action. If at the end of the trip you feel your complaint has not been properly dealt with you must notify us in writing within 30 days of the end of your trip.
10) TRAVEL INSURANCE Adequate and valid travel insurance is required for all Maria Sangiorgi travelers. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injury, illness and death medical expenses, including any related to pre-existing medical conditions, emergency repatriation (including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable) and personal liability. Maria Sangiorgi also recommends it covers cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must carry proof of insurance with you and produce it if reasonably requested by Maria Sangiorgi & representatives or suppliers. Maria Sangiorgi reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation on a trip or in certain activities that comprise part of a trip, at any time, including after the commencement of an event, with no right of refund, if you are unable to provide proof of insurance when requested.
11) PASSPORT AND VISAS It is your responsibility that you carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when traveling with Maria Sangiorgi. Please ensure that your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of your holiday.
12) HEALTH, FITNESS AND AGE LIMITS There is not age limit for Madonnas & Goddesses Food & Wine Sacred Dance Retreat. An average amount of fitness is required. If you have an injury or chronic condition it must be stated before the commencement of the event. You must describe it on the application from and take responsibility for your own self care. You will be responsible for any further pain or worsening of the conditions. Maria Sangiorgi will take into account your condition and deemed that the event will put your condition at risk we my refuse your attendance.